Qul Language Solutions is currently recruiting freelance interpreters and translators in all languages to meet the growing demand for these services. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your CV and make your mark on a growing business. You will benefit from excellent rates of pay and working hours to suit your needs.
Translators will work from home. Interpreters will work in a variety of situations including GP appointments, schools, insurance interviews, investigations, reading statements, solicitor interviews, community-based events and various other situations within Public and Private Sector organisations. The role will involve assisting clients with language difficulties by reproducing statements from a source language into a target language. Ideally the target language is the interpreter’s native language, however, we do accept interpreters who meet the language proficiency at a native speaker level, even if it is not his/her actual native language. Please note all interpreters will have to pass our language proficiency test.
- Face to face interpreting/ Interpreting over the telephone/ Document translation
- Adhere to our strict code of ethics
- Work in a professional manner and provide an accurate, confidential and impartial service
- Currently enrolled on a university degree or graduate
- Speaking at least 2 languages fluently (one must be ENGLISH)
- Be eligible to be self-employed in the UK
- Excellent communication, language and organisation skills
- IT skills and access to internet and email
- Confident, enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Enhanced DBS certificate
Ideally, you would also have a minimum experience of 6 months in a similar role, but it is not essential as we offer ongoing training. We will always allocate a translator or interpreter to a project as per their skills and previous experience, however, we do offer training for interpreting in other fields and upon completion, we can allocate you relevant appointments. If you would like to work on legal assignments only, for example, please mention this in your cover letter.
Please note that this is a self-employed vacancy and you are responsible for registering with HMRC as such and pay your own taxes. We can provide guidance with this.
Are you studying Journalism, Media, a language degree or any related degree and have a passion for languages and social media? This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your CV and make your mark on a growing business.
You will have a key role in writing content and posting it across the company’s social media accounts. You will incorporate all creative work in our marketing campaigns across social media, email and web. You need to demonstrate your creativity and innovation by bringing new ideas and be prepared to expand your own skill-set to complement a diverse range of work.
You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and discuss project requirements. This is a great opportunity to work from home and at your own pace. Previous experience is not essential but please highlight in your cover letter why you think you are a suitable candidate for this role and what makes you stand out.
- a high level of English is a must
- speaking another language is desirable but not essential
- ability to work across a variety of social media platforms, in particular, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- have a creative mind and good attention to detail
- highly organised and motivated
- have a general awareness of the language industry
Applications will be considered on an on-going basis. Internship length will be negotiated at the face-to-face interview. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the email address above. Please note that successful candidates will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date. If you do not hear from us please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We will keep your CV for a maximum period of 6 months and we may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.